Competence centre for market and business processes of Smart Home & Living Baden-Württemberg
Stuttgart, October 2019. At the beginning of August 2019, the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Economics, Labour and Housing approved the project "Construction and operation of a (virtual) competence centre for market and business processes Smart Home & Living Baden-Württemberg" with a funding volume of 1 million Euros. Prof. Dr. Natividad Martínez Madrid will work with her group on the core architecture of the intelligent selection tool and contribute new algorithms.
KomZet will cover the central aspects to develop the Smart-Home & Living market in Baden-Württemberg for the relevant market partners. It will promote the introduction of Smart-Home & Living solutions in all regions and among the essential target groups. The following areas contribute to the competence centre:
- A communication platform offers end consumers and market participants information about Smart Home & Living solutions.
- Smart-o-Mat oriented towards Wahl-o-Mat serves as a consulting aid for suppliers and customers.
- A business model incubator is used to generate business models for market development.
- Training courses for employees in craft trades and the housing industry increase the level of knowledge for sound advice
A central obstacle to the spread of Smart Home & Living solutions lies in the lack of knowledge of suitable business models. A specially developed business model incubator is intended to eliminate existing deficits.
The business model incubator and the Smart-o-Mat provide insights and results that are communicated to all relevant parties via the communication platform. The target groups are both providers and users of Smart Home & Living solutions. These include private individuals, but also institutions active in the field of assisted living or supporting people in need, as well as other users in the commercial sector and potential providers of Smart Home & Living solutions such as craftsmen, planners, architects, and social enterprises. All suitable ways to reach the target groups are used, from trade fairs to print media, from mobile demonstrators to online platforms and social media.
Skilled workers are active on the market based on previous experience. Still, there is insufficient broad-based knowledge among employees in the trades and housing industry, and interest is to be aroused in the qualification of these target groups. The focus here is on imparting basic knowledge at symposia. In-depth further training courses are required since only after the broadest possible penetration with appropriately qualified persons nationwide dissemination of Smart Home & Living solutions be achieved.
- Elektro Technologie Zentrum
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Arbeitswirtschaft und Organisation
- Institut für Technik der Betriebsführung im DHI e.V.
- Paul Wilhelm von Keppler-Stiftung
- Hahn-Schickard-Gesellschaft für angewandte Forschung e.V.
- Hochschule Konstanz Technik, Wirtschaft und Gestaltung
- Materialprüfungsanstalt Universität Stuttgart
- Fachverband Elektro- und Informationstechnik Baden-Württemberg
- FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik
- Landratsamt Schwarzwald-Baar-Kreis
- Arbeiterwohlfahrt Kreisverband Schwarzwald-Baar e.V.
- vbw Verband baden-württembergischer Wohnungs- und Immobilienunternehmen e.V.
- Hochschule Reutlingen